- 4 mediumcarrots
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 medium headnapa cabbage
-  crushed red pepper
-  sesame seeds
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 medium carrots 1 medium head napa cabbage 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 2Peel the carrots, then trim off the ends; discard the peels and trimmings. Using a box grater, coarsely grate the carrots and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Trim off and discard the root end of the cabbage; quarter the cabbage lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into shreds and add to the bowl with the carrots.
- 4Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to a small bowl.
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6While the skillet heats up, trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 7In a small bowl, combine and whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
4 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp honey
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 9Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper to the skillet; cook until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Add the beef to the skillet; cook the beef, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 11Once the beef is cooked, add the carrots and cabbage to the skillet. Cook, stirring continuously, until the the cabbage is wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 12Pour the sauce over the stir-fry and add about ¾ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing); stir and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- 13To serve, spoon the stir-fry into a bowl and garnish with the remaining green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
2 tsp sesame seeds