- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 4red bell peppers
- 12 ozspaghetti pasta
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 14 cups water 2 tbsp salt 12 oz (1 quarter coin = 2 oz) spaghetti pasta
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place in a large bowl, cover with cold water, and set aside to thaw. If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Wash and dry bell peppers and parsley.
4 red bell peppers 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4Seed and cut bell peppers into small strips. Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 5Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Peel and mince garlic.
6 cloves garlic
- 7Drain shrimp in a colander and rinse under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Spread out on a clean towel and pat dry.
- 8Add butter to skillet and let it melt. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque and pink, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 9Reduce heat to medium and add more butter to skillet. Then add garlic, bell peppers, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until peppers are tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Add broth to skillet and cook until it reduces, 1-2 minutes.
4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 11Finely grate ¼ cup of Parmesan.
1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 12Drain pasta in a colander.
- 13Add pasta, shrimp, parsley, and Parmesan to skillet. Pour in remaining broth and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss until well combined.
4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth juice of 1 lemon ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 14Serve pasta on a plate or in a bowl and enjoy!