- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 cupwhole wheat couscous
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 eggplants 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 2Trim and discard the ends of the eggplants; medium dice the eggplants (cut into ½-inch cubes) and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 4Peel and small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch cubes).
1 medium yellow onion
- 5Add olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add the onion to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Peel and mince (or crush) the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 8Add broth to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 9Add the garlic to the pan; stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
- 10Add the eggplant, diced tomatoes, and broth to the pan; season with cumin, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper ½ tsp curry powder
- 11Once the water is boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add salt and couscous and stir. Cover the saucepan and let it sit for 10 minutes.
½ tsp salt 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 12While the eggplant cooks, drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 13Place the feta in a small bowl.
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 14Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and chop almost all of the leaves (save a few for garnishing).
- 15Stir the chickpeas and chopped basil into the pan; cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- 16Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork.
- 17To serve, spoon the couscous onto a plate, top with the stew, and garnish with the feta and remaining basil leaves. Enjoy!