- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the rack in the center position.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 eggplants 2 tomatoes
- 3Halve the eggplants lengthwise and place cut-side-up on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the eggplants in the oven and roast until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Slice the tomatoes into rounds and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- 6Drain the mozzarella and pat dry with paper towels; slice into rounds.
1 (8oz) pkg fresh mozzarella
- 7Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Drain and rinse the chickpeas; transfer to paper towels or a clean towel and pat dry.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 9Add coconut oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Add the chickpeas to the skillet and shake to distribute. Cook the chickpeas, shaking occasionally, until they are golden brown and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 11In a medium bowl, combine and mix together paprika, cumin, and salt.
2 tsp paprika ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt
- 12Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chickpeas to a paper towel lined plate.
- 13Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Top the eggplant halves with tomato and fresh mozzarella slices.
- 14Return the eggplants to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- 15Add the chickpeas to the bowl with the spices and toss to coat.
- 16To serve, divide the eggplant melts and chickpeas between plates. Enjoy!