- 6 slicesbacon
- 1 (4 oz) loggoat cheese
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- 10 ozpenne pasta
-  black pepper
- 1Fill a large pot about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- 3Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Cut the bacon crosswise into ¼-inch-thick strips.
6 slices bacon
- 5When the water in the saucepan comes to a boil, uncover the pan and season the water with salt, then add the pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook the pasta, uncovered, for 11 to 12 minutes (or according to package directions). Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
2 tbsp salt 10 oz (about 3 cups) penne pasta
- 6Add the bacon to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but not crispy, 2 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- 7While the bacon cooks, trim off and discard the ends of the leeks; thinly slice the leeks crosswise.
- 8Once the bacon has been transferred, add the leeks to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Finely grate 2 cups of Parmesan and transfer to a small bowl.
2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 10Add the pasta, bacon, goat cheese, ¾ of the Parmesan (save the rest for garnishing) and reserved cooking water to the skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
1 (4 oz) log goat cheese
- 11To serve, divide the pasta between bowls, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, and garnish with black pepper. Enjoy!
¼ tsp black pepper