- 2 mediumcarrots
- 2 stickscelery
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- 10 ozspaghetti pasta
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 14 cups water 2 tbsp salt 10 oz (1 quarter coin = 2 oz) spaghetti pasta
- 2Wash and dry carrot, celery, and basil. Small dice carrot and celery. Pick basil leaves off the stems and thinly slice into ribbons. Transfer to a plate.
2 carrots 2 sticks celery 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince onion and garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 4 cloves garlic
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and crushed red pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until softened, 5-6 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 6Increase heat to medium-high and add beef. Breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 7Add tomatoes, ½ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing), Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes 1 tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp pepper
- 8Grate or shave ¼ cup of Parmesan.
1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 9Drain pasta, return to pot, and drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 10To serve, place pasta in a shallow bowl or plate and top with bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with remaining basil. Enjoy!