- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 2 (15 oz) canskidney beans
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 mediumred onion
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic. Wash, seed, and mince jalapeños.
1 medium red onion 4 cloves garlic 2 jalapeño peppers
- 3Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion and jalapeños. Stirring frequently, cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Drain and rinse beans.
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans
- 5Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin to saucepan. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
2 tbsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin
- 6Add beef and, breaking apart with a spoon, cook until crumbly and browned, 2-3 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 7Add beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chili thickens, about 10 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 8Halve and pit avocado; scoop out and medium dice the flesh.
- 9Toast bread if desired.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 10To serve, place chili in a bowl and garnish with avocado. Enjoy with bread!