- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 mediumred onion
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Cut bread into cubes.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 3Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add bread cubes, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Stirring occasionally, cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
about 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4Peel and mince garlic. In a large bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together garlic, oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
2 cloves garlic 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp red wine vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Drain and rinse chickpeas; place on paper towels and pat dry. Add to bowl with dressing and toss to coat.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 6Wash and dry cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, and basil. Medium dice the cucumber and tomatoes. Seed and medium dice the peppers. Pick the basil leaves off the stems and thinly slice into ribbons. Peel and medium dice onion. Add to bowl.
1 English cucumber 4 tomatoes 2 yellow bell peppers 1 small pkg fresh basil 1 medium red onion
- 7Add bread and toss salad.
- 8To serve, place salad in a bowl. Enjoy!