- 2 (15 oz) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 buncheskale
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- ½ cuppumpkin seeds
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  Dijon mustard
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the kale leaves and lemon.
2 bunches kale 1 lemon
- 2One kale leaf at a time, cut along the sides of the tough center ribs, then pull out and discard the ribs. When all the leaves are trimmed, chop them crosswise into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Finely grate ½ cup of Parmesan.
1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 4Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Cut the lemon in half; juice one half into a small bowl (that is big enough for making the dressing) and cut the other half into wedges for serving.
- 6Add ½ of the grated Parmesan (save the rest for garnishing), minced garlic, yogurt, Dijon, soy sauce, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the lemon juice; whisk together until smooth.
½ cup plain Greek yogurt 1 tsp Dijon mustard 2 tsp soy sauce ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to combine. If the kale is tough, massage it with your hands to soften it.
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 9While the skillet heats up, cut the buns or rolls into ¾-inch cubes.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 11Add the bread cubes to the skillet; sprinkle with salt and toss to coat in the oil, then arrange in a single layer. Toast the bread, tossing occasionally, until the bread cubes are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Once done, transfer the croutons to a bowl and return the skillet to the stove.
1 tsp salt
- 12While the bread cubes cook, drain and rinse the chickpeas, then transfer them to a clean towel (or paper towels) and pat dry.
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 13Once the croutons have been transferred, wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and heat over medium heat.
- 14Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 15Add the chickpeas to the skillet; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chickpeas are golden brown and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat.
1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
- 16Measure out the pumpkin seeds and place in a small bowl.
½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 17To serve, arrange a bed of the kale on a plate and top with the croutons, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, and remaining Parmesan. Garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.