- 1 ½ lbbrussels sprouts
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- ¼ cupdried cranberries
- 2Gala apples
- ½ cupwalnuts
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 ½ lb Brussels sprouts 2 Gala apples
- 2Roughly chop the walnuts.
½ cup walnuts
- 3Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4While the skillet heats up, pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Add the walnuts to the skillet and toast, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the pan.
- 6Once the walnuts have been transferred, reduce the heat to medium and place the chicken breasts in the skillet; cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through (check doneness with a thermometer or cut into the chicken with a knife), 6 to 8 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to plate.
- 7While the chicken cooks, trim off and discard the stems ends of the Brussels sprouts, then remove the outer layer of leaves; halve the sprouts lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- 8Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and halve the shallots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds and add to the salad bowl.
- 9Once the chicken has been transferred, add the Brussels sprouts and shallots to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer back to the salad bowl.
- 10While the sprouts cook, quarter the apples lengthwise, then cut out the core and stem from each section; large dice the apples into ¾-inch cubes and transfer to the salad bowl.
- 11Add the toasted walnuts and dried cranberries to the salad bowl.
¼ cup dried cranberries
- 12In a small bowl, combine and whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp honey 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 13When cool enough to handle, large dice the chicken breasts into ¾-inch cubes. Add to the salad bowl.
- 14Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- 15To serve, divide the salad between plates or bowls. Enjoy!