- ⅔ cupbasmati rice
- ½ (227 g) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 (398 ml) cansdiced tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 0.68 kglean ground beef
- ¼ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1yellow bell pepper
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 1 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
⅔ cup basmati rice 1 ⅓ cup water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 yellow bell pepper 1 medium zucchini squash 2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch cilantro 1 avocado
- 3Once the water for the rice comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Small dice the peppers and zucchini; transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeño with a spoon. Finely dice and add to the bowl with the peppers. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 6Place a large pot over medium heat, add the ground beef; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 7-10 minutes.
0.68 kg lean ground beef
- 7While the meat cooks, peel and small dice the onion and peel and mince (or press) the garlic; add to the bowl with the other veggies.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 8Once the meat is done, transfer to a bowl, leaving juices in the pot. Return the pot to medium heat.
- 9Add the veggies in the bowl to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- 10Add the tomatoes with their juices, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine and let simmer on low, 3-4 minutes.
2 (398 ml) cans diced tomatoes 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Coarsely grate the cheddar.
½ (227 g) block cheddar cheese
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Fold the cooked rice, cooked beef, and grated cheese into the pot.
- 14Halve and pit the avocado. Slice thinly while still in skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
- 15Divide into bowls and top each bowl with sliced avocado, yogurt, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt