- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 small bunches asparagus ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 lemon
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp paprika ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken in half horizontally to form thin fillets. Place chicken fillets in a baking dish and season with the spice mixture (save the bowl to use later).
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 5Cut (or snap off) and discard the woody ends of the asparagus. Divide asparagus and arrange on top of each chicken breast.
- 6Grate the zest from the lemon and transfer to the bowl used for the spices. Juice the lemon into the same bowl. Add oil and whisk to combine. Pour the lemon oil mixture over the chicken and asparagus.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7Grate mozzarella cheese.
1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 8Sprinkle the cheese over the asparagus and place in the oven; bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 9Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 10A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, change setting to broil and continue baking until the chicken and cheese are golden, 1-2 minutes.
- 11To serve, divide the chicken topped with asparagus between plates and garnish with parsley and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
½ tsp crushed red pepper