- 1 mediumcarrot
- ½ medium headcauliflower
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red lentils
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium carrot ½ medium head cauliflower 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 1 tomato ½ small bunch cilantro 1 avocado
- 2Peel and medium dice the carrot and onion; place both in a medium bowl.
½ medium yellow onion
- 3Trim off and discard the leaves and thick stem of the cauliflower, then roughly chop it into bite-sized pieces; add to the bowl with the carrot and onion.
- 4Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 5Once the saucepan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add veggies and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, peel and mince or grate the ginger; peel and mince the garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 8Coarsely chop the tomato.
- 9Once the veggies are soft, add the ginger, garlic, and tomato to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 10Stir in broth, water, lentils, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 2 cup water ½ cup red lentils 1 tsp cumin ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp salt
- 11Meanwhile, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 12Place cilantro, yogurt, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to combine.
½ cup plain Greek yogurt ⅛ tsp salt
- 13Halve and pit the avocado; slice crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
- 14Using an immersion (hand) blender, process the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer soup to a regular blender and blend on high until smooth.
- 15To serve, divide the soup between bowls and top with yogurt and avocado. Enjoy!