- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 clovesgarlic
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash the fresh produce. Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and slice the leaves crosswise into ribbons. Slice the tomatoes into rounds. Peel and mince the garlic.
1 small pkg fresh basil 6 tomatoes 4 cloves garlic
- 2Slice the mozzarella into rounds.
1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3Preheat the broiler and position rack in the upper third of the oven.
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat bottom. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Reserve 5 or 6 tomato slices for later while adding the rest to the skillet. Cook until tomatoes begin to soften, 2-3 minutes.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, ½ of the basil ribbons (save the rest for garnishing), salt, and pepper.
12 eggs 4 tbsp water ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in the egg mixture. As eggs set around the edge of the skillet, gently lift cooked portions with a spatula to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom and sides are firm by the top is still runny, 5-7 minutes.
- 8Top frittata with mozzarella and remaining tomato slices. Place skillet in the oven until the top is set, 2-3 minutes.
- 9To serve, cut frittata into wedges and garnish with remaining basil ribbons and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!