- 2 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 pintsgrape tomatoes
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- 1 cuppolenta (cornmeal)
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F and position rack in the center.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gradually add polenta in a thin steady stream, while whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the liquid. Stirring occasionally, cook polenta for 15-20 minutes.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 2 cups water 1 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 3Drain and rinse beans. Place to paper towels and pat dry. Transfer to a baking sheet pan.
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 4Wash tomatoes and add to beans.
2 pints grape tomatoes
- 5Peel and mince garlic; add to beans and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season salt and pepper; toss to combine.
4 cloves garlic 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Place in the oven and roast until tomatoes collapse slightly, 10-15 minutes.
- 7Wash basil. Pick leaves off the stems; discard the stems and thinly slice the leaves crosswise into ribbons.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 8Finely grate ½ cup of Parmesan.
2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 9Add Parmesan, salt, and pepper to polenta and stir to combine. If polenta is too firm, add a little more water and stir.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Remove beans and tomatoes from oven. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with vinegar; gently toss.
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 11Place polenta into a bowl and top with beans and tomatoes. Enjoy!