- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 4 slicesbacon
- 1 lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 4whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Slice chicken in half horizontally to form thin fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add chicken and bacon. Cook chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through and bacon until it is crispy, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and pat dry the bacon.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4Toast buns or rolls.
4 whole grain buns or rolls
- 5Wash and dry spinach. Wash and slice tomatoes into rounds. Halve and pit avocados; cut into slices while still in skin and scoop out.
1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach 2 tomatoes 2 avocados
- 6Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, mix together mayo with ½ of the garlic (save the rest for the salad dressing).
4 cloves garlic 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 7In a small bowl, prepare salad dressing by whisking together remaining garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
juice of 1 lemon 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8Thinly slice chicken into strips.
- 9Spread garlic mayo over the bottom halves of bread in each pair. Layer with spinach leaves, chicken, avocado, tomato, and bacon. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- 10Place sandwich on a plate and serve with remaining spinach on the side. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!