- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 2 smallbutternut squash
- 32 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2Gala apples
- 4 clovesgarlic
- ¼ cuppumpkin seeds
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 4 cloves garlic
- 3Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion and garlic; begin cooking while you prepare the squash.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4Wash squash, cut off ends, and peel. Halve, scrape out seeds, medium dice the flesh, and add to saucepan. Stirring occasionally, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
2 small butternut squash
- 5In a small bowl, prepare salad dressing by whisking together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar ½ tsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6Add broth, salt, and pepper to saucepan. Increase heat to medium-high, cover, and cook until squash is tender, 10-15 minutes.
32 fl oz (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Wash and dry arugula. Transfer to a large bowl.
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 8Wash, core, and cut apples into thin wedges. Add to arugula.
2 Gala apples
- 9Purée soup using a hand or regular blender until smooth.
- 10Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with pumpkin seeds. Place salad on the side and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
¼ cup pumpkin seeds