- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 2 slicesbacon
- ½ smallbutternut squash
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 6 ozfettuccine pasta
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ ozParmesan cheese
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  onion powder
- 1Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier.
- 2Place bacon on sheet pan; bake until crispy, 15-20 minutes.
2 slices bacon
- 3Peel and mince the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Wash the squash; trim off and discard the ends. Halve the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds from each half; peel and small dice the squash.
½ small butternut squash
- 6Once the pan is hot add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add half of the minced garlic, onion powder, and butternut squash. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
¼ tsp onion powder 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Add broth to pan with squash, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, until the squash is fork-tender, 15 minutes.
8 fl oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes. Once done, drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
6 oz fettuccine pasta 1 ½ tsp salt
- 9When the bacon is finished cooking allow to cool enough to handle, then chop into small pieces; set aside in a small bowl.
- 10Once the squash is cooked through, puree with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender. Return the pureed mixture to low heat to keep warm.
- 11Use a grater to finely grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off several pieces for garnish and set aside.
1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese
- 12Add pasta to the saucepan with the squash puree; toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed to help the sauce coat the pasta. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Return to low heat.
- 13Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 14Add spinach and remaining garlic; cook until the spinach just begins to wilt, 3 minutes. Stir into the pasta.
½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 15To serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with Parmesan and bacon. Enjoy!