- 1 (398 ml) canblack beans
- ½ small pkggrape tomatoes
- ½ (142 g) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  panko bread crumbs
- 1Drain the beans (but don't rinse them) and transfer to a medium bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash them until they are mostly broken up, but there are still some whole beans left.
1 (398 ml) can black beans
- 2Coarsely grate the onion and add to the bowl.
½ medium yellow onion
- 3Add the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the beans and onion; stir until the mixture is combined.
¼ cup panko bread crumbs ½ tsp chili powder ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Form the bean mixture into two patties.
- 6Add olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Place the patties in the skillet and cook until they are browned and heated through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 8Toast the buns if desired.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 9Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the greens if they came pre-washed.)
1 avocado 1 lime ½ small pkg grape tomatoes ½ (142 g) pkg spring mix (mixed greens)
- 10Halve and pit the avocado; medium dice the flesh while it's still in the skin, then scoop out into a small bowl.
- 11Add juice of ½ lime to the avocado and season with salt and pepper; mash with a fork until smooth.
¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 12Halve the grape tomatoes.
- 13Place the bun halves on two plates (or one plate and one lunch container), top with the black bean patties, and add dollops of the avocado spread. Arrange the greens on the side, top with the grape tomatoes, and drizzle with olive oil and the remaining lime. Enjoy!
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil