- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 bunchkale
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 4whole grain buns or rolls
- 2 mediumyellow onions
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack in the center position. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (optional).
- 2Wash and dry the kale. Cut out and discard the stems; tear the leaves into large pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
1 bunch kale
- 3Drizzle the kale with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss with your hands until thoroughly coated with the oil. Transfer the kale to the sheet pan and arrange in a single layer.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the kale in the oven and bake until it is crisp and lightly browned around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven.
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6While the skillet heats up, in a medium bowl, combine and mix together the ground beef, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties and place on a plate.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Carefully place the burger patties in the skillet and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 9Trim off and discard the ends of the onions and remove the outer layer; halve the onions lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds.
2 medium yellow onions
- 10Once the burger patties have been transferred, add the onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 11Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 12In a small bowl, combine and mix together the garlic, mayonnaise, and paprika.
4 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tsp paprika
- 13Halve the buns. Toast in a toaster if desired.
4 whole grain buns or rolls
- 14Top the bun bottoms with the mayo spread, cooked patties, and caramelized onions. Complete with the bun tops.
- 15To serve, divide the burgers and kale crisps between dishes. Enjoy!