- 1 (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 2 lbcremini mushrooms
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 buncheskale
- 1 ½ lbnew potatoes
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 4 fl ozwhole milk
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  onion powder
-  pure maple syrup
-  soy sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up).
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 lb cremini mushrooms 1 ½ lb new potatoes 2 bunches kale 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Peel the garlic. Mince 2 cloves and add to a small bowl; set the other cloves aside.
6 cloves garlic
- 4Add oil, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, and spices to the bowl with the garlic; whisk to combine the sauce.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ cup balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 2 tbsp soy sauce ½ tsp thyme ½ tsp salt
- 5Quarter mushrooms and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with sauce and stir to coat, then spread out in an even layer. Place in the oven and bake, stirring halfway through, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Large dice the potatoes. Transfer potatoes and remaining garlic cloves to a large pot, cover with water, put on the lid, and bring to a boil.
- 7Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems, then thinly slice crosswise into shreds.
- 8Once the water in the pot is boiling, remove the lid and cook until the potatoes are almost done, about 8 minutes. Add kale to the pot and cook 2 minutes more.
- 9Grate the cheese.
1 (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 10Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 11Once potatoes, garlic, and kale are done, drain and return to the pot.
- 12Add oil, milk, yogurt, parsley, and spices to the pot with the potatoes and mash until almost smooth.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 4 fl oz (½ cup) whole milk ½ cup plain Greek yogurt ½ tsp onion powder 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 13Stir cheese into the mashed potatoes and return to medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until melted, 1-2 minutes.
- 14Trim off the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle.
- 15To serve, divide mashed potatoes between bowls. Spoon mushrooms and their cooking juices over the potatoes and sprinkle with green onion. Enjoy!