- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
6 tomatoes 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 2Preheat a grill pan or regular skillet over medium heat.
- 3Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a medium bowl (that will be used to marinade the chicken).
2 cloves garlic
- 4To the garlic, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and place in the bowl with the marinade; turn to coat.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 6Carefully place the chicken breasts in the grill pan / skillet; cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through (check doneness with a thermometer or cut into the chicken with a knife), 6 to 8 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to plate.
- 7Slice the tomatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds and arrange on a large plate.
- 8Tear the mozzarella into small chunks with your hands and add on top of the tomato slices.
1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 9Pick the basil leaves off the stems; tear the leaves into small pieces with your hands and scatter on top of the tomato slices and mozzarella chunks.
- 10Drizzle the salad with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Slice the chicken crosswise into strips.
- 12To serve, divide the salad and chicken slices between plates. Enjoy!