- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 48 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash jalapeños and tomatoes. Seed and mince jalapeños. Medium dice tomatoes.
2 jalapeño peppers 4 tomatoes
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 4 cloves garlic
- 3Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Add oil to pot and swirl to coat bottom. Add onion and jalapeños; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2-3 minutes.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 5Add garlic and tomatoes to saucepan; cook for about 1 minute.
- 6Slice chicken in half horizontally into thin fillets.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 7Add broth, cumin, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Place chicken in liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat back to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate.
- 9Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and chop the leaves.
1 small bunch cilantro
- 10Halve and pit avocados. Spoon out the flesh and medium dice.
- 11Shred or dice chicken and return to saucepan. Stir in ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) and lime juice.
juice of 1 lime
- 12Cut remaining lime to wedges.
- 13Serve soup in a bowl, stir in avocado, and garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges.