- 1English cucumber
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 medium headnapa cabbage
- ¼ cuppeanuts, roasted unsalted
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  crushed red pepper
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium head napa cabbage 1 English cucumber 2 limes
- 2Juice the limes into a small bowl.
- 3Place the steak in a shallow bowl and pierce with a fork in multiple places.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 4Pour ½ of the lime juice (save the rest for the salad dressing) and soy sauce over the steak; turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
4 tbsp soy sauce
- 5Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6While the pan warms up, peel and mince the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 7Coat the grill pan or skillet with coconut oil.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Pat the steak dry with paper towels, then place in the grill pan or skillet and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- 9Add the minced garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, crushed red pepper, and salt to the remaining lime juice and whisk together.
4 tbsp toasted sesame oil 4 tbsp rice vinegar ¼ tsp crushed red pepper ½ tsp salt
- 10Cut out and discard the tough core of the cabbage; halve the cabbage lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise and transfer to a large bowl.
- 11Trim and discard the ends of the cucumber; halve the cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise on an angle. Add to the cabbage.
- 12Pour the dressing over the salad; toss until well combined.
- 13Measure out the peanuts into a small bowl.
¼ cup peanuts, roasted unsalted
- 14Slice the steak against the grain.
- 15To serve, arrange the salad on a plate, place the steak slices on the side, and sprinkle with the peanuts. Enjoy!