- ¼ cupalmonds
- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 2 smallbutternut squash
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cupdried cranberries
- 1 (4 oz) loggoat cheese
- 1 cupquinoa
- 1 mediumred onion
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
1 cup quinoa 16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3Peel squash, scrape out and discard the seeds, and medium dice the flesh. Transfer to a sheet pan.
2 small butternut squash
- 4Drizzle squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Place in the oven and roast until squash is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 6Wash and dry arugula. Transfer to a large bowl.
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 7Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Add to bowl.
1 medium red onion
- 8Add almonds and cranberries to bowl.
¼ cup almonds ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 9In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
1 lemon 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Cut remaining lemon into wedges.
- 11Crumble goat cheese into a small bowl.
1 (4 oz) log goat cheese
- 12Uncover quinoa and fluff with a fork. Add quinoa and squash to salad and toss.
- 13To serve, place salad on a plate, sprinkle with goat cheese, and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!