- 1 mediumcarrot
- 1 stickcelery
- 1 (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 5 ozgluten-free spaghetti pasta
- ¾ lblean ground beef
- ½ ozParmesan cheese
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 7 cups water 1 tbsp salt 5 oz (1 quarter coin = 2 oz) gluten-free spaghetti pasta
- 2Wash and dry carrot, celery, and basil. Small dice carrot and celery. Pick basil leaves off the stems and thinly slice into ribbons. Transfer to a plate.
1 carrot 1 stick celery ½ small pkg fresh basil
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince onion and garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and crushed red pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until softened, 5-6 minutes.
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 6Increase heat to medium-high and add beef. Breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
¾ lb lean ground beef
- 7Add tomatoes, ½ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing), Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes ½ tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp pepper
- 8Grate or shave ⅛ cup of Parmesan.
½ oz Parmesan cheese
- 9Drain pasta, return to saucepan, and drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 10To serve, place pasta in a shallow bowl or plate and top with bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with remaining basil. Enjoy!